Thursday, May 13, 2010

U Win ALS Quilt Raffle





Mom, you never cease to amaze me. You keep going and you keep giving. We had a raffle at ALS Support group for your latest quilt this week – yet another gift of love. You are so special.

This month at Support Group we recognized ALS Awareness Month. Tiffany made a request for those wiling to share stories of their PAL. I was the first to raise my hand! I have lots of great stories to talk about. I told Tiffany not to let me go first because I could take up the whole hour.

I had too many things to share and the time was nearly up when I was able to speak. I told the group about how you got busy quilting when you learned you had ALS and about the countless quilts you have given away. I talked about the quilts you made for us, for the shelter for abused women and children, the quilt you made my friend who was sick, the women in the doctor’s office, and all the others too numerous to mention. I told them that you would make a quilt for each and everyone one of them if you could; but since you couldn’t you would raffle one off to the group. Everyone was touched.

Jan's mother Joanne won the quilt. She was thrilled. I am so proud of you, mom. You are my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment