Sunday, March 28, 2010

Happy Birthday!



I have the great pleasure of sharing my birthday celebration each year with my mother -- the wonderful, amazing woman who gave me life and so much more. We celebrated at my home in Blaine last evening. My birthday is March 27 and Mom's birthday is March 29. This year we got to celebrate on my birth date. I was blessed to have my day fall on a Saturday. We didn't get a group picture; but in attendance were Bill, Chris, Mom, Dad, Sandy, Don, Ashley, Samantha, Matthew, and Aunt Betty.
Mom had a present for me, and she was insistent I open it immediately! Out of the gift bag I pulled a red jeans jacket just like the one she was wearing. When Sandy came over she was in red too.
Mom was the life of the party, filling all with joy. Although it is very hard to see mom's physical condition continue to decline, there is no stopping her amazing spirit. She makes for a fun day. We will celebrate again tomorrow! Love you, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment