Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day & Shopping




Our family celebrated Father's Day today. It was a Twins Father's Day. Both Bill and Dad received MN Twins gifts. Mom was thrilled to see Dad liked the shirts she had Sandy pick up for her. We had a very nice time.

We went shopping too. The guys stayed home while Sandy and I took Mom to Kohl's. She seldom gets out shopping and really enjoyed the trip to the store. She was all smiles and thumbs up.

Mom is considerably weaker now, having lost most of her ability to move her legs making moving her harder. She's also in considerable pain most of the time. Quartasone injections are only providing very temporary relief. Please keep this in prayer.

The message at church today was "God is Certain" -- when situations seem uncertain we can count on God to be certain. I can't think of any situation I've ever known with more uncertainty; yet I do know God is with us. It's hard to explain. But I know it's true.

It was a good day. I love you, Mom. You are beyond brave and courageous.

No comments:

Post a Comment